Transportation of animals to North Cyprus
The address of the Veterinary Service is Dr. Fazil Küçük Bulvari, Lefkosa
Telephones: +90 392 22 53 551 / +90 392 22 53 751
In order to import animals into North Cyprus, it is necessary to collect a package of documents in the country of residence and make all medical manipulations, which will take time. So before buying tickets, you need to take this into consideration. You can only fly in with animals at Ercan Airport in Nicosia. Crossing the border with animals from South Cyprus to North Cyprus is prohibited.
!!! The rules for taking animals out of different countries may vary. Please check with your country’s Veterinary Service for details!
As a convenience, you can apply for a pet import permit in advance to avoid a temporary quarantine upon arrival at the airport. This can be done through a representative in North Cyprus or by email. You will need an international veterinary passport for your animal and the passport details of your companion.
- Your representative will apply to the Veterinary Office, pay and obtain a permit. You only need to show a copy of your permit and receipts for the fee when you enter the country.
- You can also submit your own application by filling out an application form from the TRNC Veterinary Service website http://veteriner.gov.ct.tr/Formlar and sending it with scans of your documents to the following e-mail address
Within 24 hours you will receive the permit on your e-mail. When you arrive at the TRNC you will be asked to show your import permit (print it out or save a photo to your phone). And you will also be asked to pay ~550 Turkish liras for each animal. Payment must be made in cash in Turkish lira.
If you are unable to obtain an import permit in advance, it can be arranged upon arrival in North Cyprus. After payment and permit processing, you will be able to pick up your pet.
!!! Plan your arrival times and days in advance. The veterinary service does not operate during public and religious holidays. In such a case, the animal will be taken away for temporary quarantine. This also applies to flights that fall on nights and weekends.
- Book your pet’s seats on the airplane in advance.
- Animals are checked in baggage only in a hard carrier or cage. Animals will only be allowed into the cabin in a soft carrier. УCheck with your airline carrier if there is a weight limit for a pet with a cage.
- Be sure to treat your pet before departure for fleas, ticks and parasites.
Have an easy flight for you and your pets!